Has a fine granularity of only 2 microns.
It penetrates into dental tubules and fuses itself to the surface where it is applied.
In addition, it prevents micro-leakage by forming an interfacing layer of hydroxyapatite (Hap) between the OrthoMTA and the canal wall.
Furthermore, it exhibits a bioactive characteristic as it releases Calcium ions through the apical foramen and neutralizes the apical portion of the root.
Thus forming an interfacial hydroxyapatite layer (Hap) and releasing Calcium ions which induce regeneration of the apical periodontium.
- Apical perforations
- Root resorption
- Excellent sealing ability
- Excellent bactericidal effect
- No discoloration
- No heavy metal: No Cr, As, Ni, Bi, Fe, Cd
- No toxic to cells: Grade 0 (cell toxicity test)
- Excellent Sealing ability
- Good Handling Properties