Is a 0.3g powder of hydraulic bioceramic material for repair and vital pulp therapy.
Portland cement is NOT used as a raw material.
RetroMTA is a powder consisting of fine, hydrophilic particles that set in the presence of water and form a strong impermeable barrier.
It contains a hydraulic calcium zirconia complex as a contrast media.
Setting time is 150 seconds.
It has no discoloration even in case of blood contamination. Therefore it is ideal for aesthetic repair material. It contains no heavy metals.
It has no toxicity to cells within 48 hours.
This means it is a substance for vital pulp therapy. (pulp capping, pulpotomy and pulpectomy)
In vivo condition, Initial Ph is up to 12.5 and down to 7.8~8.0 in 4 weeks.
Ex vivo study shows it has a high potential for biomineralization.
- Pulp capping
- Apical surgery
- Root resorption
- Indirect pulp capping
• Rapid setting time: 150 sec
• Excellent sealing ability
• Excellent bactericidal effect
• No discoloration
• No heavy metal : No Cr, As, Ni, Bi, Fe, Cd
• No toxic to cells : Grade 0 (cell toxicity test)
• Good radio-opacity : Al 5 mm above value
• Good Handling Properties
1. Open the cap and pouch.
2. Pour the 0.3g powder into the floor of the cap
3. Cut the plastic pipettes with scissors
4. Make 3 drops onto the powder
5. Wet it gently with a plastic spatula for 20 seconds
6. Wait until the shiny surface disappears
7. Apply the putty-like RetroMTA with proper pressure